Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend of Fun pt 1

A little history on one of my best friends. I have known Lisa since I got involved with cheer leading in North Pole. Her sister Breana is one of my girls. Anyway, she and I became instant friends. She was single and Jason had a friend, Pete, that was single... We hooked them up...Long story short, Love happened, Pete proposed 3 weeks ago and they are getting married next Saturday! No time like the present!

Lisa had asked me to be her Matron of Honor and I was glad to be able to help! I have had experience in the fast wedding planning department. So we have been crazy busy trying to plan a wedding in basically 2 weeks. Anyway, Lisa still didn't have a dress yet, and unfortunately Fairbanks only has one little dress shop, so we made a turn and burn trip to Anchorage this weekend. We left Friday at about 5pm and were on our way. It takes about 6 hours to get to Anchorage driving. It was Lisa, her mom Marcia, her sister Breana, her son Landon, and me.



This is me, Landon, and Breana just chillin in the back. We all had so much fun!!! We finally got to Anchorage about 11pm. Crashed for the night. Saturday got up and headed for David's Bridal. Lisa found her dress in under an hour! It was dress # 3 she tried on. I would post a picture, but we don't want to give it away yet! So after the wedding I will post again! I still needed a dress too so we started on mine next. Lucky me dress # 3 worked perfect as well!!! Her colors are watermelon pink and sage/grass green. So all that was left were the little things like ties for the guys, and a little suit for Landon. Well the guys weren't so easy. We looked and looked for ties. Nothing that was the perfect color. We found a few that would work and finally left for home at 8pm, way later than planned! Lisa and I sang the whole way home! We had a great time! Anyway, we got home about 3am. I was so tired! Jason and I had planned on going to Denali that day so I was hoping that I wouldn't be too tired at 8am the next morning! What a great time! Hopefully we can finish all the final details and have a beautiful wedding on Saturday!

1 comments:

InkyCheerMom said...

I just want everyone that looks at your blog to know it's my wonderful baby girl's Birthday... Happy Birthday Honey!!!