I have been slacking in the updating department! I wrote this over a month ago, but for some reason I never posted it... So here you go!
Now it seems a little scary to have all these trees and vegetation around... Anyway, we have been keeping watch on the sky and just hoping the winds will die down and they will be able to get it under control. I just hope no one looses a house or anything! I will keep you posted.
So here is what has been going on in our neck of the woods.
First off tonight has been very interesting and scary all at the same time. I love living in Alaska but tonight we had a wildfire that started and because of the area and the vegetation it burns the same way as a forest fire. Anyway it is only about 3 miles from my house. Here are a few pictures of the helicopter getting water from the slough. Mom this is the paved road that runs right in front of my house. I tried to upload the video but wasn't working...
In other news. WE BOUGHT A 4-WHEELER!!! Jason now has a new toy! He "needed" a 4- wheeler for hunting this year, and a guy from his work was selling one for a steal! We went out to the river and played last weekend!
It has been beautiful weather here these last few weeks. Sunny and 82 degrees today!!! We have about 20+ hours of sunlight now, so the sun is just about setting at 11:30pm. Kind of makes you weird! You loose so much sleep!!! I was out playing last night until almost 10:45pm when Jason said it was time for bed!!! Crazy! This picture was taken at about 9:30pm.
Here is a good picture of the moose using the cross walk up here!
1 comments:
Yay! You finally posted! Great pic's! :0)
Your Favorite Coworker
Post a Comment