Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Latest and Greatest! - BEWARE- Picture Overload!!!

I am sorry about slacking on the posting! Time just gets away from me!
The Major's have been crazy busy this summer!
So here is what we have been up to for the last month or so!

Playing with other peoples kids!
We love having time with everyone's kids! Cara Loves her Uncle Jason! We were just sitting there and they busted out the Grumpy's! So I had to catch it!
This is Cara and Jason being "Grumpy Flakes!"
Cheerleading!
I am officially back to being a coach! This is the first day back! I am hoping for another awesome team this season!!! My little sis and her friend are coming to cheer with my team for a few weeks this summer! Hopefully they will all have a blast!


Putting in a whole new yard! We needed to get some landscaping done! I love my house, but I hate not having a yard! This is before we had grass growing!

And now I finally have grass and flower beds!!! We have worked on this house and yard since we arrived! It's still a work in progress, but hey at least we have some color now!!! I love being able to get rid of all the dirt and dust!


The new driveway! Jason is thrilled that we finally have a new driveway! You really can't do asphalt or concrete up here because of the weather changes and it cracking. This stuff is called D1 and it is ten thousand times better than gravel! It gets really tight and compact and it looks like asphalt with out the tar!

Camping and fishing!
We do an annual trip around the State of Alaska and we have a blast! This is me with the one (and only) fish I caught!

Our friends and us fishing away!

I know! You love the outfit right! I match perfectly!!!!

Everyone fishing!
We all really wanted to get away from work! It was beautiful! Warm weather and nothing but sun! We even got to fish with the bears! About 10 minutes after I took this picture a small Grizzly Cub walked in and started playing in the water. Of course I forgot to grab the camera. :(

Jason showing his skills! We really needed this!
Although we didn't catch that many fish, we had a blast!

The white water adventure we went on!
Class 6 rapids are really scary!!! It was cool to see! Only one man has ever made it over these rapids. His name is Steve Mahay. He sat and told the story to Jason on day. He broke his whole front jaw in the process of trying! Jason and I really enjoyed his company!

Jason and I ran a 10K race! (That is over 6 miles!!!)
One of the things I love about being in Alaska is all the daylight in the summer. This race is called the Midnight Sun Race, and that is because you start running at midnight! We finished it! Wahoo! This was at the end, almost 1:30 in the morning! It rained, but we still had a blast!
Happy Birthday Jason!
My man is the best! I'm glad I get to spoil him rotten!!!
Playing in the mud!
We went 4 wheeling with some friends, and found some good mud to play in! Dave got stuck and Jason is pulling him out! We had a great time. The sun was shining all day, and then once we decided to head back it, started to DOWNPOUR! I mean hard rain and hail, hurt your skin when it hits you! We were drenched by the time we got to the truck! It was crazy! So now the joke is: if we get on the 4 wheeler, you will get wet!!!

Jason and I went out to the flats, and played all day!
I got a message in the sand and of course the best husband around!
Thanks Jason for all the fun we have had this summer! I love every minute!!!
Hope you're all having a great summer too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all the pictures you posted! It's so fun to see how your summer is going outside of the office! =) O, and your house and new yard look VERY nice! Good job!

~Girlie